Religious Brothers Day, marked May 1st, offers the opportunity to celebrate and give thanks for religious Brothers in our lives. It also offers an opportunity to consider how we all invite, walk with, and encourage young people to discern God’s call in their life.
All are invited to mark the day through engaging in one or more of the opportunities presented to participate.
For this year’s Religious Brothers Day, the Conference of Major Superiors of Men put together a new resource guide of ideas, activities, and prayers that can be utilized to participate in the day. Download the guide.
Check out the video responses from five Catholic Religious Brothers.
Some other ideas to participate in the day include:
- Offering specific prayers or a day of prayer for Brothers and vocations to the consecrated life (a prayer serviceand prayer card are available as resources);
- Watching and showing vocation videos of the Brothers’ vocation and life.
- Writing a hand-written note, or email, of gratitude to a Brother you know.
- Specific invitation to young people, pondering the question, “have you ever thought about being a Brother?”
- Prayer Card
- Prayer Services (Morning and Evening)
- Letter on Religious Brothers Day from Papal Nuncio to the United States
- Listing of congregations of Religious Brothers
- Vatican Document, “Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in the Church“
- Religious Brothers Day, www.yearforconsecratedlife.com
- Religious Life Today, 2020 study highlighting recent young women and men joining religious life, from the National Religious Vocation Conference.